Helpdesk for tenants

Tax assessment

If the tax assessment you received is not correct (personal details, amount or you weren’t living there during that period), you can object to the company from which you received the letter. Usually the procedure to object is listed on the back of the letter.


  • There usually is a limited period during which you can object
  • Objections do not automatically relinquish your obligation to pay

Which taxes can you expect?

  • Waste taxes
  • State water board tax
  • Water purification tax

If you have financially problems or your income has been considerably lowered, you may qualify for a waiver. Please visit the website of your own municipality.

Also see: Local taxes.