A tenant should arrange a parking permit himself with the municipality. Conditions to be eligible differ per city, but in general two following preconditions apply:
- you are registered in the municipality for which the parking permit is applied for.
- the vehicle registration number for which the parking permit is applied for is in the name of the tenant.
The cost for parking in for example Haarlem are a little less than € 200.00. In Amsterdam parking permits are provided per borough and you are placed on a waiting list.
- The information on your application will be compared with the data from the municipality and the data registered with the Department of Road Transport (RDW).
- Once you have registered you are liable to pay the parking permit cost
- If you move to another parking zone or change your registration you must let your local council know (de-register).
For more information, please refer to the website of your municipality.