The maintenance of the gardens, yards, driveways and fences should be borne by the tenant. This includes:
- Maintaining the garden area, front or back of the property.
- Keeping paths clear and boundaries neat, with the exception of the construction of the driveway.
- The garden should be levelled adding extra soil, if necessary.
- The grass should be mowed regularly.
- Weeds should be removed from pathways and access points.
- Replacing broken tiles if necessary.
- Regular pruning of hedges and cutting back tree back should they over hang access points.
- Replacing plants which have died.
- Replacing any broken fences or broken boards in decked areas.
- If the fences have been painted or stained, additional coats must be applied after a harsh winter to protect the wood.
Construction of pathways, ramps and building of border fences are the responsibility of the landlord.